Friday, March 7, 2008

Timing...

So lately I have really struggled with the concept of "in God's timing". For those that know me, I am not a patient person. I like to know what is going on, I Do Not like not knowing. More and more I feel like God is really trying to show me that I don't always need to know because He does.
One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I know that I need to trust more in him and that in his timing the things that he has planned for me will be revealed. This is a concept I struggle with a lot. I want to understand why bad things happen to good people? I also want to know why some people seem to be rewarded when they are not a good person. I know God has a plan for me and each one of these people, but sometimes I do forget to trust him and his plan.

Another verse that meant a lot to me several years ago is Ecclesiastes 4:9-10: "Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up."
This verse was recently brought to my attention by a dear lady and friend that I work with. One thing I can say is God has truly blessed me with some of the greatest friends. In every step of my life he has given me someone to help me through my struggles but also to enjoy the wonderful things in life. This verse means so much because I can't imagine being alone and having to go through certain things without a Christian friend to lean on. I can never say thanks enough to the friends that have sat there and listened to me cry and complain. So many times when I've been down I have had a friend or even two to pick me up and dust me off and help me keep walking. So to my friends that have been there through the good and bad, I want to say a very heartfelt thanks. And especially I do truly thank God for these friends he has blessed me with. And I'll close with the fact that I know I am never alone because when I may feel like no one else understands or is there I know that my God is. "How great is our God!"

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I love this post, but please post something new!! K, thanks.