Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Good Ole Days

It's been a while since I've posted anything but I've decided to look back to the "good ole days" some. So recently, my friend Joe started sending me links to various shows that we both grew up watching. And let me tell you, tv shows are nothing these days compared to the ones from the past. Just to name some that I remember and wished there ones like them today: The Cosby Show, Saved by the Bell, Facts of Life, Family Ties, Growing Pains, The Muppet Show, Thundercats, and one my brother and I loved "Alf". I remember my brother having a sweatshirt with Alf on it and I think we even had a stuffed animal Alf. The one thing about these shows that you don't seem to find today is our whole family sat down and watched them. It was something in each of these shows that each of us could connect to and enjoy together. Don't get me wrong there are some shows today that my whole family will watch together, but I can almost guarantee you that my parents would not be ok with us watching them when we were younger. I wished someone would come up with another show like "The Cosby Show" or "Family Ties". Both of these shows dealt with the issues of the time but in a very tasteful and respectful manner. And all these shows seemed to make us laugh, which frankly there is not enough of these days. Of course the list above are just a few of the shows that I remember loving to watch, so here's my challenge to my friends reading this. Name some you remember, I just would like to look back and remember some of the great shows from back when. You can even just mention things you remember from growing up not just tv shows. Don't get me wrong I'm not dwelling on the past I just think it would be fun to think about "the good ole days" for a few minutes. A time when things were much more simple but unfortunately I may not have appreciated it then, but I'm definitely thankful for the memories.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

HEY DUDE!, Saved by the Bell, Growing Pains, Full House, Family Matters, all the others you named...I miss old tv too! We had an ALF sleeping bag and a stuffed Alf. Loved it!

Tomekia Porter said...

Rach, I enjoyed the company at lunch! Haha no more chicken at McA's! Randy and I both definitely appreciate the prayers because with out them we couldn't make it through this hard time! I totally miss "old t.v." too! Saved by the bell was my favorite show in the world!